Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Nice!


So, France is awesome. My mom and I are in Nice, Southern France, about a 10 minute walk from the Mediterranean Sea :) We're staying in a really cute apartment in the middle of Old Nice, and we are right above a Boulangerie/Patisserie (Bakery/Pastry Shop). Yummmm! Fresh croissants every morning. So far, my experience here has been consisted of le cafe, le pain, le vin, la glace, la plage, le shopping, and trying to converse in French. The other night, my mom and I met a man whom we dubbed the "French Jay Leno" because of the resemblance. He was very friendly and helped us with some words we did not know. I love the coffee here, and did I mention the bread is amazing? I feel like I'm living on bread and ice cream here :D The weather is beautiful here, 70 and sunny. Every day is a perfect day for the beach. I got a bit of a "coup de soleil" the other day, but I don't think it's gonna get me down. Most people have been pretty nice and patient as I try to talk to them in my rusty French. However, there have been the few rude French as well. C'est la vie! I can walk everywhere here, which is fantastic :) Possibly Monaco today or tomorrow... we will see. Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment