Friday, May 21, 2010

Final Farewells...

I can't believe this was my last day at Bawnmore National School! It's so hard to leave. Last night, I said my goodbyes to the family and exchanged gifts. I gave them each an Indiana University t-shirt (or t-lana, in Irish) and also a couple trinkets and candy for the kids. They gave my a necklace with a celtic knot on it and an Annaghdown Judo Club sweatshirt :) Definitely not something I could get in the States. There were plenty of hugs and lots of pictures taken.

At school, the kids were all writing me notes and drawing pictures to take with me. They all wrote that they hoped I would come back soon :) The teachers gave me some presents as well, a few things to remember them by, which was incredibly sweet. I played/sang them "Leaving on a Jet Plane" one last time and they sang with me. It was so sweet to hear their voices singing "Oh babe, I hate to goooo.." I do hate to go, but I will definitely be keeping in touch with these new friends I have made. Now, on to France. Bon voyage..

No comments:

Post a Comment