Monday, March 29, 2010

Baileys Cheesecake!

It’s been a busy weekend. We got out at noon on Friday, in honor of the upcoming break, and all the teachers went out to lunch at a place called the Huntsman. We started around 2, and didn’t end up leaving ‘til around 7. Food was great, I had breaded chicken stuffed with spinach and mascarpone, with mushroom sauce, and mashed potatoes. Standard Irish food= meat, potatoes, and veggies :) I also tried the Pavalova, which is a merengue-type cake with cream and fruit on top, yummmmm! I had my first taste of Guinness in Ireland. It was great just to get out and get to know the other teachers, some are fairly young(24, 26), so not too much older than I am. The whole outing was “a great craic” :)

Saturday night, I went to a party with my host mother and father. It was a surprise 30th birthday party for a friend of theirs. They had it at a castle!

Sunday, one of the teachers took me out to lunch. Baileys cheesecake is the best thing ever!! Mmmmmmmmmm. Then we went in to Salthill and walked along the Prom for a bit, stopped in at a local pub and watched some soccer, then visited a cathedral in Galway City. It had the most beautiful stained glass windows.

It’s Easter break! That means that I have 2 weeks off to travel around and enjoy this beautiful country :D Did I mention that my host dad is teaching me to drive a stick shift?

No comments:

Post a Comment